A Daddy and Paige Day

This morning Beth and Ella went with Grandaddy and Nana to Murfreesboro for Graysen’s birthday party. Meanwhile, Paige and I stayed home. And, I’m happy to report that we had a wonderful day together.

In addition to having fun together, I was able to get a lot of things done around the house. It’s amazing what you can accomplish when you have only one child to look after.

Merely for my own enjoyment, I’m going to see how many things I’ve done that I can list off from this day:

  1. Gave Paige a bath.
  2. Washed off our inflatable pool which has been folded up on the deck for over a month.
  3. Sprayed Round-Up at the base of all our fence posts.
  4. Changed three poopy diapers.
  5. Made a trip to Lowes to purchase some household items. Then once we’d gotten back to the car, I noticed that I’d been charged twice for one item. So I got Paige back out of her carseat and went back in to get my money back.
  6. Picked up a gallon of milk on our way home.
  7. Replaced the light bulb in our master closet.
  8. Replaced one of the recessed lights in our addition.
  9. Changed our fish’s water.
  10. Emptied the dishwasher.
  11. Feed us lunch and dinner and gave Paige three bottles.
  12. Put Paige down for morning and afternoon naps which were both over two hours.
  13. Watched the first half of the Tennessee/Georgia State football game.
  14. Changed both air filters.
  15. Replaced the batteries in two smoke detectors. Although one of them was still chirping after getting a new battery, so perhaps the detector needs to be replaced? I’ll troubleshoot that one later.
  16. Ran over to Best Buy before dinner and bought a new secondary monitor for my computer.
  17. Loaded the dishwasher and ran the load after dinner.
  18. Paige and I gave Grandmommy a FaceTime call.
  19. Put Paige down for bed.
  20. Started connecting my monitor to my computer, but I paused during the middle of the process to go comfort Paige. I think after I put her to bed she realized she hadn’t seen Mommy all day. We don’t usually go back in once we’ve put her down, but this time her cries were so persistent that I felt she needed some comforting. I went in, picked her up, and she nuzzled into my shoulder. She was still sad, so I rubbed her back and took her back to our bedroom. I gave her a paci and she relaxed further. Eventually I laid her back down. She started to fuss, but she quit in less that a minute before falling to sleep shortly after.

It has been a good day.

Leave a Reply